WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
Our self defense system is designed for everyone; men and women , regardless of their size, agility and fitness levels. It is based on effective, instinctive moves and simple techniques that practically everyone can excel at. Not only do people learn to defend themselves in day-to-day situations, it is a great workout as well.
Both men and women, sometimes feel uncomfortable at the beginning of training, but classes have a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and beginners are made to feel welcome. New students move at their own pace until they are confident with the basic techniques before advancing.
This course is about attacking. It’s not about countering or trying to move around an opponent’s defense — It is about tearing through the opponents defense. This class focuses on teaching critical skills of using knives or improvised weapon as a defensive tool, including:
- Recognizing common street attacks
- Programming effective defensive responses
- Efficient weapon deployment
- Anatomical targeting
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
In order to train at PKM, each prospective member must go through the following steps:
- The prospective student must book a “trial class” before attending the class.
- If you simply show up at a training session without having booked a “trial class” you may be asked to leave.
- On the day of your appointment, you will be asked to sign a liability waiver prior to entering the training area, even if you are only going to be watching.
WHAT TO BRING
For all trial students, we will provide you with all necessary equipment upon arriving for the first class.
We expect all resisted students to have all the equipment listed below in every class:
- Black gym wear attire (Mandatory)
- Hand wraps (Mandatory)
- Groin protection (Mandatory)
- Mouth guard (Mandatory)
- Grappling gloves
- Shin protectors (Not the football type)
- Boxing gloves
- Head protection
- Jump rope
- A lot of water
All levels welcome, except trial class students. Please call (347) 508-2081 to set up trial class.
TUESDAY & THURSDAY
7:30pm to 8:30pm: Striking / Sparring
8:30pm to 9:30pm: Self defense techniques / Ground combatives
6pm to 7pm: Weapons Skills